Southwest Solutions is recognized as a leader in providing quality and affordable apartments and townhouses for rent. Our units offer many amenities for residents to feel at home.
- Apartments are located in a diverse neighborhood with a thriving business district, good schools and educational programs, parks and recreational activities, and a vibrant arts and cultural environment.
- We encourage neighborhood involvement among our residents. We provide opportunities for all residents to work together to improve the quality of life in the community.
- Our management team is experienced and bilingual, and is committed to resident satisfaction.
- Our dedication to providing quality affordable housing dates back to 1979.
Our Apartment Buildings
Southwest Solutions has renovated 20 apartment buildings in southwest Detroit. These are beautiful buildings that have been restored using state-of-the-art construction methods and materials, while at the same time retaining their historic character.
Units feature modern kitchens and appliances, quality fixtures, central air and heating, generous natural light, and appealing floor plans. The buildings are energy efficient.
Southwest Detroit is recognized as one of the most walkable, diverse and creative neighborhoods in the city. It is a dynamic and convenient place to live that is helping to lead Detroit’s resurgence.
- Clark Apartments, 1185 Clark St.
- Cole Apartments, 3615 W. Vernor Hwy.
- Galston Apartments, 6442 Michigan Ave.
- Grand Apartments, 545 W. Grand Blvd.
- Harrington Apartments, 465 W. Grand Blvd.
- Harwill Manor Apartments, 1453 Hubbard St.
- Lawndale Apartments, 2201 Lawndale St.
- Martin Gardens Apartments, 1755 25th St.
- Melie Apartments, 2134 Hubbard St.
- Savannah Apartments, 250 W. Grand Blvd.
- Shirley Apartments, 2435 Woodmere St.
- Whitdel Apartments, 1250 Hubbard St.
- Wilshire Apartments, 388 W. Grand Blvd.
Our townhouse developments consist of single-family, two-story homes for rent in the Mexicantown area. The homes are comfortable, full of amenities, energy-efficient, and specially designed to provide an “at home” experience. They blend into the neighborhood and are helping to revitalize residential streets.
- Hubbard Communities features 33 new townhouses and 11 new single-family homes.
- McKinstry Place, our newest development, features 14 new townhouses and 11 new single-family homes.
- Scotten Park consists of 32 newly constructed townhouses.
- The Vernor Townhouses feature eight beautifully renovated units located at 3524 W. Vernor Highway.
Need more help?
Southwest Solutions is recognized as one of top 50 developers of affordable housing in the nation.
We are the largest multifamily developer in southwest Detroit.
We are honored to be designated a NeighborWorks Green Organization for excellence in sustainable housing and business practices.
Named CDC of the Year by Detroit LISC.
Supportive Housing program nationally recognized for excellence and innovation.
Award-winning Blended Management approach establishes mutual responsibilities between management and tenants, helping to avert problems and resulting in greater cooperation.
Received Neighborhood Builder Award from Bank of America in 2008.
Named Housing Hero 'by Charter One in 2008.
Leased all 44 units of Hubbard Communities, our $8.2M single-family home and townhouse development.
Leased all 150 units of Piquette Square for Veterans within two months of its opening in 2010.
Manage 140,000 sq. ft. of commercial property with an occupancy rate greater than 97%.
Obtained $400,000 grant in 2012 for “green” upgrades to three buildings.
Leased all 32 units of Scotten Park Townhomes development on schedule.
Leased all 39 apartment units of the new Mack-Ashland project ahead of schedule.
More than 1500 tenants housed in 2013.
Had about 700 affordable rent units in its management portfolio by the end of 2014.
Developer and/or manager of 26 apartment projects.