Detroit 0% Home Repair Program
Detroit 0% Interest Home Repair Loan Program provides loans between $5,000 and $25,000 for single-family homeowners (homeowners who own properties with two units may be eligible for up to $50,000 if they live in one of the units). Loans are paid back over ten years.
Southwest Economic Solutions is an Intake Center partner and we can help eligible homeowners complete the intake forms and start the loan application process. Our Intake Center is at the offices of Southwest Economic Solutions at 2835 Bagley, Suite. 800, Detroit, MI 48216.
Who is eligible?
- You must OWN and OCCUPY your home in Detroit for at least six months.
- You must meet the income eligibility guidelines OR live in a designated area.
- Your homeowner’s insurance and property taxes must be current (or on a payment plan).
- You cannot be in active bankruptcy.
- You cannot have a reverse mortgage.
What types of repairs qualify?
- Health hazards such as lead, asbestos, and mold (if these are found you MUST use the loan to make these repairs first).
- Electrical and plumbing
- Furnace and HVAC
- Door/Window Replacement
How do I get started?
- Call 313-841-9641 to get connected to an intake specialist to find out if you are eligible and schedule an intake appointment.
- Download and complete the intake forms from the 0% Home Repair website here: downloaded.
- Gather the following documents: proof of income, debt information, proof of ownership, proof of current property taxes and proof of current homeowners’ insurance.
- Bring the intake forms and ALL required documents to your appointment.
Need more help?
“The impact of this program will go well beyond the walls of the houses it helps repair,” said Michael Rubinger, LISC president and CEO.
“We are building a case for investing in homes, businesses, schools and parks in Detroit neighborhoods — even in places that might appear too risky for conventional financing models.”
As homeowners pay back the loans, they will improve their credit history, while also building a track record of loan performance that will encourage others to lend and invest in these communities.