Our family-centered programs serve children and youth who have a severe emotional disturbance, have been adjudicated by the juvenile court, or are at risk of being placed out of the community due to behavioral problems. Our mission is to help children and youth change their lives so that they will make decisions in the best interests of their future and wellbeing. We use a Wraparound Approach to create a plan of care that is tailored and well-suited for each child or youth we serve. We partner with the young person’s family and engage the agencies and support services needed to help the child or youth succeed.
- Clinical services for children and youth with serious emotional disorders and their families
- Juvenile justice services for adjudicated and at-risk youth
- Wraparound Services engage the family, service providers and others in a process of coordinated care to meet the youth’s needs and maintain the youth in the community
- Cornerstone program or Transition Age Youth Project (TAYP) is a promising new initiative to help young people with serious mental illnesses integrate into their communities and lead productive lives as they transition to adulthood
- Family Alliance for Change is a parent led non-profit organization located in southwest Detroit supporting Wayne County families
- Youth United is youth-led initiative that promotes youth voice, youth participation and youth partnership by using positive youth development values and philosophy
- Early Childhood Mental Health (ECMH) provides home-based clinical services to pregnant women and families with children from birth to six years old.
- My Next Move teaches about career development, job readiness, life and leadership skills, and financial literacy.
We have a proven reputation for client-focused, innovative solutions to complex and challenging psychological, family and social issues. Our experienced and highly trained staff can address and help resolve the significant behavioral health issues facing children, youth and families. Our approach is comprehensive, integrated and proactive. We can provide you with the best resources and practices to reach your goals. Our aim is to understand your needs and to exceed your expectations by working with you and others who care about you.
No one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay. (A nadie se le negará el acceso a los servicios debido a la incapacidad de pagar.) There is a discounted/sliding fee schedule available. (Hay un descuento/escala movil de tarifas disponible.)
To obtain a copy of the Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network (DWIHN) Member Handbook and the Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network (DWIHN) Provider Directory, follow this link. This information can be found under Member Resources or under Customer Service Resources.
Client Portal Access
The Client Access Portal or Community Electronic Health Records (CEHR) is a way you can see your personal health information, ask questions and get answers, and see information about your appointments. It is private, secure and confidential.
Need More Help?
Children, Youth, and Family (CYF) Services programs served nearly 1000 consumers in 2021.
77% of our outpatient consumers in CYF report progress on their personal goals. 96% of those served say they are satisfied or very satisfied with the services they are receiving.
Based on CAFAS (Child and Adolescent Functional Assessment Scale) indicators, overall client function is improving across all CYF programs.
CYF is recognized as a leader in the Wraparound model. 100% of our Wraparound families report progress on their personal goals.
The children we serve make significant gains in functioning at home, school and the community; and have significant decreases in depression and self-harmful behavior.
Upon intake in our services, we are able to schedule a first appointment within two weeks in almost all cases.
All our staff receive annual training on Rights, Cultural Awareness, Confidentiality, and Person-Centered Planning.