This page lists the active Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Quotes (RFQs) issued by Southwest Solutions (SWS) and its subsidiaries: Southwest Counseling Solutions (SWCS), Southwest Housing Solutions (SWHS), and Southwest Economic Solutions (SWES).
Lease For Office/Program Space
Southwest Economic Solutions (SWES) is seeking Request for Proposals (RFP’s) for office lease space starting November 1, 2022 annually with option to renew for two additional 1-year terms with conditions for termination of the lease without penalty costs or fees should federal funds or other applicable funding sources become unavailable.
If bidders shall have any questions or concerns, please contact Karyn Goven, Director at 313.297.0090 (office) or Kgoven@swsol.org (email). Site visits are required in accordance with the office space requirements listed below.
Interested and qualified organizations/vendors are invited to submit proposals, which will be accepted by email or hand delivered until October 20, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Proposals should be address to:
Southwest Economic Solutions
2835 Bagley Ste 800
Detroit MI 48216
Bidders are required to complete the uploaded Request for Proposal Form:
Bidders/Vendors are also urged to review the Scoring Rubric below for guidance.
Office Space Requirements
Southwest Economics Solutions (SWES) is seeking office space to deliver career services annually beginning November 1, 2022 within the Southwest Detroit geographic boundaries with the following criteria:
- Approx. 3,000-5,000 sq. ft. of office space
- 1-year lease term
- Optional 2 additional 1-year terms
- Contingent upon funding
- Accommodations for at least 7- 10 staff members
- Mix of office and cubicle space
- (1) large space for client computer lab (12-15 computers)
- (1) classroom space that can accommodate up to 30 people per classroom
- Well-lit and ADA compliant
- Public Restrooms
- WIFI/Internet and Utilities
- Parking to accommodate 30-50 vehicles (private and public)
- Located within Detroit, MI (Southwest, Detroit set boundaries))
- Targeted Area within City of Detroit borders: South of I-96 and Dix Avenue, West of M-10, North of I-75, and East of the City of Dearborn and Livernois St.
- Located near and access to public transportation services
The vendor/bidder must certify that they are not disbarred from doing business with the federal government. Registration on www.sam.gov is required.
Vendor Selection Criteria (Scoring Rubric)
SWES will use the rubric below to evaluate responses. All bids must be submitted by the date and those submitted after will not be accepted. In compliance with the SWS Policy and Procedure, awards shall be made to the bidder or offeror whose is responsive to the solicitation and is most advantageous to SWES. Selection will be objective and while price is one of the factors in the evaluation, it will not be the factor determining the decision.
The winning proposal will be selected based upon the following criteria:
|Accessibility and Location (Access to public transportation lines and located within target area south of I-96 and Dix Avenue, west of M-10, north of 75, and east of the City of Dearborn and Livernois St.)||25|
|Cost of Proposal (Rental price with minimum CAM costs, completed buildout with furnishings)||25|
|Design (Layout, existing building and room structure, ADA Compliance)||25|
|Parking and Move in Date (Public and Private Parking, Availability)||25|
- Legal Requirements – The Contractor will comply with all federal, state and local laws & regulations, including but not limited to all applicable OSHA/MIOSHA requirements and the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Workforce Development Agency, State of Michigan Policy Issuance: 15-12
- No Contract – This notice is provided for information and invitation only and is not to be construed as an offer to contract or as a contract in and of itself.
- No Assumption – Southwest Economic Solutions assumes no responsibility or liability for costs incurred by the Contractor prior to the effective date of any contract resulting from this RFP. Further, Contractor may be required to obtain licenses, liability insurance, and to comply with certain laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Americans with Disabilities Acts and Equal Opportunity Employment.
- No Assignment – A contract awarded under this RFP shall not be assignable in any form or portion without the written consent of Southwest Economic Solutions.
- Contract Changes/Modifications – Changes mutually agreed upon by the Southwest Economics Solutions and the Contractor will be incorporated into this contract by written amendments signed by both parties.
- Contingent Upon Funding – Contracts conditioned upon availability of funds. If funding is cut and services must be reduced or discontinued, a 30-day written notice will be provided.
- Disputes – Any disputes arising out of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan.
- Overpayments – Contract debts are amounts that have been paid to a contractor to which the contractor is not currently entitled under the terms and conditions of the contract; or are otherwise due from the contractor under the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Termination for Cause – Southwest Economics Solutions may terminate the whole or any part of this Agreement, by written notice of default to Vendor, in any one of the following circumstances:
- if Vendor fails to perform any duties or obligations within the time specified herein or any written extension thereof granted by Customer;
- if Vendor so fails to make progress as to endanger performance of this Agreement in accordance with its terms;
- if Vendor fails to comply with any of the material terms and conditions of this Agreement. Such termination shall become effective if Vendor does not cure such failure within a period of ten (10) days after written notice of default by Customer;
- If the other party is declared insolvent or bankrupt, or makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors, or a receiver is appointed or any proceeding is demanded by, for or against the other under any provision of the Federal Bankruptcy Act or any amendment thereof.
- Upon termination, Southwest Economic Solutions may procure, upon such terms as it shall deem appropriate, services like those so terminated. Vendor shall continue performance of this Agreement to the extent not terminated.
- Payment – SWES payment terms are 30 business days from receipt of invoice. Invoicing will be done, by location. SWES, by law, is exempt from State and Federal Taxes.
Health Care Trainers
Southwest Economic Solutions (SWES) is seeking proposals from qualified Health Care Trainers to provide on-line and hybrid instruction in the healthcare industry for residents of Detroit. This document is a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the services described below and does not obligate SWES to accept responses from eligible Contractors. The RFP establishes minimum requirements a bidder must meet in order to be eligible for consideration as well as information to be included in the Contractor’s bid response.
Carefully examine the specifications, conditions and limitations.
The selection of the successful Contractor will be made based on SWES’s evaluation and determination of the relative ability of each Bidder to deliver quality service in a cost-effective manner.
The following specific criteria will be evaluated and must be addressed in the proposal:
- Company History and Organization
- Management Approach
- Training Programs Opportunities
- Curriculum and Assessments
- Marketing and Retention of Participants
- Student Recognition Programs
- Transition Plan for participants
- Employer and Employment processes
- Total Quality of Program
- Cost Proposal and Invoicing
- Computer Management System
Southwest Economic Solutions is not obligated to accept the lowest bid and reserves the right to reject any and all bids or amend the scope of the project. All of the Bidders must be duly licensed or otherwise have the ability to perform work in accordance with all governing local authorities and to the satisfaction of those authorities.
Click here to download cover page – Health Training Cover Page
Click here to download the Scoring Rubric – Scoring Rubric Health Care training
Section II Submission of Proposals
Responses to this RFP are due by August 1, 2022 for training start dates in September. Late submittals will be rejected.
All proposals can be sealed and addressed to the manager of the RFP process or through email:
Contact name: Karyn Goven
Company: Southwest Economic Solutions
Address: 2835 Bagley Ste 800
City, State Zip: Detroit, MI 48216
Proposal may mailed or delivered to the above address. Any questions regarding this RFP should also be addressed to the above individual. Contractors may not contact other executives, managers or employees of SWES without permission of the manager of the RFP process.
Section III Contract Terms
The term of this contract shall be for a 1- year period unless terminated by either party with thirty (30) days written notice.
Section IV Scope of Services
This project will provide on-line health care opportunities for residences of Detroit. Specific training includes but not limited to front desk medical assistant, medical equipment preparers and phlebotomy technician.
DESC seeks individuals and entities to support sector partnership-led occupational skills training programs that lead to industry-recognized credentials. Completers must be prepared to attain jobs that pay at least $15/hour after completing the program, ideally, they will earn wages that place them in middle-class or on a clear pathway in this goal. Programs selected through this RFP will focus on building technical and occupational skills and should assume that students have the baseline academic skills needed to succeed in the program.
Through the grant process with DESC, Southwest Economic Solutions will subcontract services to provide an integrated training that incorporates the occupational training and the holistic program that includes work readiness, financial education, and contextualized education. Contractor shall provide appropriate and necessary management and support for instituting the curriculum and occupational opportunities.
Contractor shall administer all cost accounting and billing relative to this contract.
Section V: Instructions To Bidders
Bidder is to address the following subjects in the response. Please insert your text in the space following each section. Reference any attachments in the text and include printed copies of attachments at back of this document.
- Company History and Organization: Provide a brief company history, mission statement and organizational summary. Explain ownership (private or public) and include brief biographical information regarding the history, expertise and performance data that showcases successful completion and job placement.
- Management Approach: Describe in detail how your firm will be organized to manage this project. Indicate by position or title the person who will have the overall responsibility for the SWES contract. Indicate the support staff available to this project manager by function. Bidder must supply an Organization Chart depicting the structure of the local servicing office and regional support.
- Training Program Opportunities: Describe your training programs and how you utilize on-line and e-Learning. Describe how your programs meet the requirements of DOL, State of Michigan or have a master training agreement through DESC.
- Curriculum and Assessments: Outline the curriculum, assessments and the controls, plans and process to monitor to assure participant instructional services. Including methods of instruction, completion rates and credential attainment. Describe how your program has industry recognized credentials and list credentials obtained
- Marketing and Retention of Participants: Outline your support in marketing, materials and how you select candidates that are eligible for the program. Include how your eLearning engages adult learners for retention.
- Student Recognition Program: Describe how you motivate and incentivize participants when completing units, exams, and credential attainment.
- Transition Plan: Describe in detail the training programs in place to support transition to employment:
- Employer and Employment Process: Describe the process listed below:
- How you select employers
- How you develop resume and interview skills
- How you follow up with participants once employed
- Total Quality of Program: Describe how your program is exceptional and unique that we would subcontract services through your agency.
- Cost Proposing and Invoicing: Please describe your invoicing process and determination of costs per training.
- Computer Management System: Describe how you maintain programs and communicate systems upgrades and issues.
- References: Provide at least three (3) client references whose program utilizes your curriculum.
Scope of Work
Add more on required to obtain industry recognized credentials. List the credentials.
Need more help?
Southwest Solutions is one of Detroit’s most impactful nonprofits, serving more than 10,000 people every year
Through a broad range of programs in the areas of human development, economic development, and community engagement.
Founded in 1970 as a community mental health agency, our programs now include neighborhood and community development, affordable and supportive housing, services for the homeless and veterans, job training, financial counseling and homeownership opportunities, minority small business programs, adult literacy, resident engagement, and more.