Our Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) is a new community mental health model that provides comprehensive, integrated and more effective treatment. The CCBHC provides a full range of mental health and substance-use disorder services and expands access to vulnerable individuals. It combines and better coordinates behavioral and medical care. Any individual in need who comes to the CCBHC will be served, regardless of the ability to pay. It offers crisis services 24/7 every day of the year, and provides immediate screening and risk assessment for mental health, addictions and basic primary care needs. The CCBHC also provides care for veterans that’s customized to their particular needs.
Our CCBHC is located at 1700 Waterman St., Detroit, MI 48209. To contact our CCBHC, call 313.841.8900 anytime or email us. Note: In case of a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Our CCBHC breaks down the barriers to access care. It offers both an “Open Door” and “No Wrong Door” approach. It provides:
- Easy and welcoming access to services regardless of ability to pay or location of residence to ensure those who need services are able to receive them
- 24/7/365 crisis services to help people stabilize in the most clinically appropriate, least restrictive, and least traumatizing setting
- Immediate screening, assessment, and risk assessment for mental health, addictions, and basic primary care needs
- Patient-centered treatment planning
- Outpatient mental health and substance use services
- Primary care screening and monitoring
- Targeted case-management
- Psychiatric rehabilitation services
- Full clinical, operational, and financial commitment to peer and family support, recognizing these elements as essential for recovery
- Tailored emphasis on active and veteran military to ensure they receive the unique health care support they need
- Coordination with other health care and social service providers (including hospitals, primary care, foster care, child welfare, education, and criminal justice), with a focus on whole health and comprehensive access to a full range of medical, behavioral and supportive services
This evidence-based, comprehensive array of services is designed to create access, stabilize people in crisis, and provide the necessary treatment for those with the most serious, complex mental illnesses and addictions.
Who does our CCBHC serve?
We serve any individual in need of care, regardless of ability to pay, including:
- Adults with serious mental illness
- Children with serious emotional disturbance
- Those with long-term chronic addiction
- Others with mild or moderate mental illness and substance use disorders
- Underserved individuals and families
- Low-income individuals and families
- Those who are insured, uninsured or on Medicaid
- Those with complex health profiles
- Members of our armed services and veterans
The CCBHC model eliminates financial obstacles that have limited access to behavioral health care.
In February 2021, Southwest Solutions was selected as one of five community mental health agencies in Detroit awarded federal funding through the CARES Act to become Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHCs). Our funding is for about $4M over two years. We thank Senator Debbie Stabenow for her leadership in securing this funding and for her extraordinary advocacy for mental health services so that those in need can recover and lead fulfilling lives.
“Southwest Solutions is always striving to expand and enhance our services to more effectively address the needs in our community,” said Sean de Four, President and CEO of Southwest Solutions, at a press conference with Senator Stabenow at our CCBHC. “Becoming a CCBHC enables us to do both. It’s no exaggeration to say this is a historic and defining moment for our agency and all community mental agencies across the country that are implementing the CCBHC model.”
CCBHCs are a result of the passage of the Excellence in Mental Health and Addiction Treatment Act (2014) and the Excellence in Mental Health and Addiction Treatment Expansion Act (2019), both authored by Senator Stabenow and Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO). This legislation established and expanded CCBHCs, which are transforming the way behavioral health and addiction treatment services are delivered across the country.
Our CCBHC is one of 13 in Michigan. For a list of all the CCBHCs in the country, click here.
Client Portal Access
The Client Access Portal or Community Electronic Health Records (CEHR) is a way you can see your personal health information, ask questions and get answers, and see information about your appointments. It is private, secure and confidential.
Need More Help?
The CCBHC model is already showing promising and impressive results
by expanding access to care, increasing scope of services, and decreasing wait times.
CCBHCs are addressing the nation’s opioid crisis by dramatically expanding access to medication-assisted treatment (MAT), the “gold standard” in substance use care.
“[In the communities they serve,] CCBHC models have decreased emergency room visits by 63%, jail use by 60%, and homelessness by 41%,” said Senator Stabenow at a press conference at our CCBHC on April 1, 2021.