Mental illness can affect anyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age or income level. Our quality health services for adults with mental illness make it possible for those we serve to recover and become productive members of the community. They work, attend school, socialize and become self-sufficient. We provide a system of support driven by our guiding principles: respect, responsibility and recovery. We believe that the mentally ill can recover, and their success stories, which are often dramatic, are the reason for our being.
- Our client-centered programs serve adults in any stage of the recovery process
- Clinical and outpatient services for adults with severe and persistent mental illness who are at risk of hospitalization and who require ongoing care, medication and monitoring
- Case management services are provided to those who require ongoing support; outpatient services for those whose symptoms are in remission
- Supported Employment Services for those seeking full-time or part-time work. Services include individualized job search, Social Security benefits, counseling, and on-the-job supports
- Bilingual and bicultural services for Hispanic persons who are experiencing adjustment problems, anxiety issues or moderate depression
- Healthy Solutions to improve the wellbeing of adults with mental illness through healthy living, physical fitness, disease management, and self-efficacy
- Mental Health First Aid Training educates individuals to understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use
- Support Coordination Assistance helps mental health consumers apply for benefits and medication assistance
- On-site pharmacy services and primary care at Covenant Community Care located inside our Waterman clinic
We have a proven reputation for client-focused, innovative solutions to complex and challenging psychiatric, family and social issues. Our experienced and highly-trained staff can help resolve the behavioral health issues facing people of all ages and all walks of life. Our approach is comprehensive, integrated and proactive. And our services are easy to access.
We can provide you with the best resources and practices to reach your goals. Our aim is to understand your needs and to exceed your expectations by working together with you and others who care about you. All our counseling programs express our guiding principles: Respect, Responsibility and Recovery. We draw from this wellspring for the wellbeing of each client we serve.
No one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay. (A nadie se le negara el acceso a los servicios debido a la inhabilidad de pagar.) There is a discounted/ sliding fee schedule available based on family size and income. (Hay un programa de escala móvil con descuento disponible según el tamaño y los ingresos de la familia.)
To obtain a copy of the Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network (DWIHN) Member Handbook and the Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network (DWIHN) Provider Directory, follow this link. This information can be found under Member Resources or under Customer Service Resources.
Client Portal Access
The Client Access Portal or Community Electronic Health Records (CEHR) is a way you can see your personal health information, ask questions and get answers, and see information about your appointments. It is private, secure and confidential.
Need More Help?
Adult Counseling Services Programs served over 2,500 consumers in 2021
61% of our adult outpatient consumers report progress on their personal goals. 96% of those served say they are satisfied or very satisfied with the services they are receiving.
Our major Counseling programs have achieved the highest level of CARF accreditation since 1993. CARF is an independent, nonprofit accrediting body whose mission is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process that centers on enhancing the lives of the persons served.
Southwest Solutions is recognized for its number of bilingual counseling professionals. 1 in 3 of our counselors are bilingual. Our adult counseling program for
Spanish-speaking consumers are highly effective. 98% avoid hospital psychiatric services.
All our staff receive annual training on Rights, Cultural Awareness, Confidentiality, and Person-Centered Planning.
41% of our adult clients have demonstrated a significant reduction in depressive symptoms.
Upon intake in our services, we are able to schedule a first appointment within two weeks in almost all cases.
86% of our adult outpatient clients have annual incomes less than $10,000.