Our pre-purchase education and counseling programs enable aspiring homeowners to understand in detail the process of buying a home and qualify for various home-purchase assistance programs offered by the government and others.
Our HUD-approved housing counseling agency employs professional, bilingual and MSHDA & HUD-certified counselors. We offer homebuyer education classes, pre-purchase counseling and financial coaching through one-on-one sessions, and group workshops. All of our services are currently being offered VIRTUALLY.
How do I get started?
Please read the instructions: How to set up your My Home account
- Create your account within our My Home website portal to access our classes, counselors and services.
- Go to the Home Purchase dropdown menu to choose either the service that you need. The My Home system will ask you to provide some basic information to allow counselors to assist you better. *Be Sure to fill in all information fields when prompted to enable the start of service*
- Schedule your appointment and you can also register for any upcoming education courses to get more knowledge!
Please read the instructions: How to set up your My Home Account
Learn about the home buying process and steps to qualify for a mortgage from our Southwest Solutions staff, and our other homeownership partners.
Completing a homebuyer education course or workshop is a required component by most lenders and ALL down payment assistance programs. We are currently offering monthly Homebuyer Education workshops, virtually on Zoom. After successful completion of the class participants will receive a certificate of completion (Certificate is valid for 12 months).
You can register for one of our courses by creating an account with us here.
Clients can also complete the equivalent homebuyer education by participating in an online pre-purchase program from ehome America. The cost of the course is $99.
The Pre-Purchase program covers many important topics, including:
- Creating a step-by-step action plan
- Free SOFT credit report pulls and review
- Budget and Saving
- Mortgage payment affordability
- Understanding the role of lenders and realtors
- Connecting to Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
Our certified counselors’ help homebuyers qualify for loans, avoid predatory lending, prepare documentation, and make good decisions for the future. We also discuss different options for down payment assistance from various government or lender sources.
Southwest Economic Solutions would like to thank our 2023 Homebuyer Education Sponsors:
- Bank of America
- Fifth Third Bank
- First Merchants Bank
- Flagstar Bank
- US Bank
Need more help?
In 2022, we provided Homebuyer Education to over 300 families and individuals.
Southwest Solutions was honored as MSHDA’s Housing Education Program Agency of the Year in 2015.
Teresa Torres, our Pre-Purchase and Homebuyer Education Counselor, was named MSHDA’s Housing Counselor of the Year in 2016.