There was an emotional family reunion at the home of Betty and Raymond Mitchell on the the second Saturday in November. It was a reunion long in…
Southwest Solutions Helps YOU Become a Homeowner
At Southwest Solutions we offer services and programs designed to assist you on your journey to buying a home. We identify where you are in the homebuying process and provide you a roadmap to guide you through everything from qualifying for a mortgage loan, to accessing downpayment assistance, to protecting your investment for the long term.
To access all of our programs and services, click here to get started: Start Your Journey Now!
Are you already working with a lender, have found a home and need the Homebuyer Education Certificate for qualify for down payment assistance?
Our on-line education through eHomeAmerica is available 24/7. Click here to sign up.
We offer a in-person homebuyer education course once a month. Click here to sign up.
Ready to Buy a Home?
Develop Your Roadmap to homeownership by attending one of Southwest Solutions’ HUD-certified and MSHDA-approved Homebuyer’s Classes and participate in Pre-Purchase Counseling.
Attend class in person or enroll online.
Online e-home training costs $99. Click here to sign up.
Full-day classroom training is currently free, but registration is required. Classes are held monthly at 1600 Porter Street, Detroit MI 48216 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Click here to sign up.
Here’s what you’ll do in the Homebuyer Education Class:
- Evaluate your finances to determine an affordable home purchase price and loan amount for your budget.
- Learn about different loan products and how to evaluate which one best suits your home purchase needs.
- Understand the process of buying a home so you can avoid pitfalls and feel confident at each decision point.
- Position yourself to protect your investment for the long term.
- Learn if you are eligible for available programs for down payment and closing costs assistance programs.
- After the class, sign up for your Individualized Pre-Purchase Counseling appointment.
Here’s what you’ll do in the Individualized Pre-Purchase Counseling:
- Complete a thorough budget to determine the total mortgage payment you can sustain long-term.
- Calculate your debt-to-income ratio—the way a lender will—to get an estimate of how much mortgage you could get approved for.
- Model different payment scenarios based on different loan amounts, products, terms, and assistance programs you are eligible for.
- Discuss questions that pertain to your particular situation.
- Develop an Action Plan to guide you along your next steps.
- Counseling is available only after taking the 8-hour First-Time Homebuyer’s Class.