Tanisha Allen received many letters and calls from Southwest Solutions encouraging her to consider buying the house she was renting on 28th Street. She ignored…
Southwest Solutions Helps YOU Become a Homeowner!
Common Questions We Help You Answer:
- Where do I begin?
- Who can I talk to?
- How do I obtain a Homebuyer Education Workshop Certificate?
- What do I need to do to qualify for a mortgage?
- How do I improve my credit?
- How much can I afford?
- Are there programs available to help me with down payment and closing costs?
Our Homeownership Program Includes:
Homebuyer Education Workshop (MSHDA / HUD Certified)
- Learn about the home buying process and steps to qualify for a mortgage from Southwest Solutions staff, and our lending, realtor, inspectors, and other homeownership partners
- Upon conclusion of the workshop, receive a certificate of completion that is valid for 12 months – a necessity for applying for down payment assistance
One-on-one homeownership advising
- Free credit report/score & analysis
- A personalized “Roadmap to Homeownership” – click here for sample
- Homeownership financial coaching and pre-purchase counseling
- Learn Down Payment Assistance eligibility requirements
- Learn about the different mortgage products offered at a variety of financial institutions
Credit Building and other Workshops
- Learn how your credit score is calculated
- Learn ways to improve your credit score
How Do I Sign Up?
Follow the steps below or see PDF:
- Create an account– click here: Start Your Journey Now! (Note: this is not an “application” – we help everyone!)
- To meet with a member of our homeownership team:
- Please complete entire “MyHome” profile (Note: if you are unsure of how to respond to a question – that’s ok – just do your best to answer all required fields. We will work with you to review your information!)
- Go to the Training Center and select “Homeownership Goals and Next Steps” (you must have a complete Profile to see this appointment) – a calendar will appear allowing you to schedule a one on one appointment with our homebuyer advisor
- To attend a Homebuyer Education Workshop (or other awesome financial classes!):
- Create an account
- Go to the “Training Center” and select a class that best suits your needs
Are You Already Pre-Approved for a Mortgage and Just Need a Homebuyer Education Certificate to Qualify for Down Payment Assistance?
Then attend a homebuyer education class in person or enroll online: