At our Celebration of Impact gala, we announced a $2.5M gift from the Sam L. and Judith G. Yaker Fund that will serve to revitalize and promote affordable homeownership in the Newberry neighborhood in southwest Detroit. The gala was an great success, raising about $600,000, thanks to the generosity of over 70 different sponsors. The Yaker Fund announcement and the gala itself generated significant media. Here is a compilation of links.
- Detroit Free Press: Southwest Detroit program aims to turn renters into homeowners
- Crain’s Detroit Business: $2.5 million donation fuels affordable-homeownership project in Southwest Detroit
- Curbed Detroit: New program to turn renters into homeowners in Chadsey-Condon
- D Business: Southwest Solutions Receives $2.5M Gift to Renovate Homes in Detroit’s Newberry Neighborhood
- The Hub Detroit: $2.5 million gift from Yaker family will help revitalize Southwest Detroit neighborhood
- Detroit Free Press: Detroit’s neighborhoods need more help. But here’s the problem.
- The Impact of Southwest Solutions (produced by Quicken Loans)
- Messages from Mayor Duggan and Governor Snyder
There are three albums of photos from our Celebration of Impact event on our Flickr site:
In addition, two publications featured photo galleries about the event: