During the holiday season, Southwest Solutions invites members of the community to help meet the basic needs of those we serve. Many families face special difficulties during the winter months and with your support we can make it a joyous season for all. Below you will find a list of requested items. If you are interested in making a donation, please contact Bob O’Brien at 313.297.1370 or email@example.com.
You can also make a donation online by clicking here.
Gifts for adults with mental illness or who are homeless and participate in our counseling, supportive housing and drop-in centers:
- Hats, gloves, scarves, socks for men/women
- Coats/jackets for men/women in sizes (L to 5XL)
- Hooded sweatshirts with or without zippers for men/women (L to 5XL)
- Packages of underwear for men/women
- Hygiene products – deodorant, soap, wet wipes, etc.
- Personal planners or monthly calendars
- YMCA or other fitness center memberships
- Gift cards to CVS or other stores
Gifts for school-age children who participate in our family counseling programs:
- Winter coats (all sizes)
- Gloves and hats (all sizes)
- Snow Suits for children 3 months – 12 months old
- Snow boots
- Toys – Dolls, Legos, Trucks, etc.
- Sports equipment – footballs, basketballs, soccer balls, etc.
- Board games for ages 13 to 17
- Makeup kits for girls
Gifts for children birth to age 5 and their families who participate in our Head Start and Family Literacy Programs, :
- Gift cards to local grocery stores
- Coats, hats, socks and mittens for children ages birth to 5 year olds
- Blankets for children
- Diaper Wipes
- Sets of Blocks
- Washable Markers and/or watercolor sets with brushes
- Large rubber balls (for kids to kick and throw)
- Games for children 0 to 5 year olds
- Books in Spanish and/or English (including Spanish/English dictionaries)