Southwest Solutions provides brokerage services and real estate consulting services to private and public companies, and non-profit organizations. We have earned a reputation for actively pursuing our clients’ interests and achieving superior results.
We offer development consulting services providing turn-key and task specific services, namely:
- Development of affordable and market rate housing, commercial and office centers and mixed-use developments
- Perform a market, sub-market, or trade area gap analysis using supply and demand information gathered from the appropriate geography
- Conduct a location/site feasibility
- Analyze retail, office, residential, and industrial uses
- Perform market analysis, economic base analysis, shift-share analysis, and financial analysis
- Assist with architectural oversight and act as an owner’s representative and oversee construction process
We perform effective and timely financial analysis and obtains complex project financing. Our comprehensive financial services are:
- Estimate the value of a property using sales comparison approach, direct capitalization, and discounted cash flow analysis
- Measure before and after tax investment performance of a property using a variety of measures: gross rent multiplier, cash on cash, capitalization rate, internal rate of return, net present value, and capital accumulation
- Understand the components and structure of commercial real estate loans, investment fundamentals and tax regulations
- Use the basic cash flow model to compare commercial real estate investments and perform highest and best use analysis
- Obtain Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Historic Tax Credit, New Market Tax Credit and Brownfield Tax Credit equity financing
We employ highly trained and certified property management specialists with experience in:
- Property management and leasing of commercial and residential real property assets
- Financial analysis and asset management review of property portfolios
- Premium maintenance management
- Finance and asset management reporting and performance metrics
- Compliance with Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Shelter Plus Care, Section 8, Supportive Housing, HOME Program, HUD 202/811
Our team-based brokerage assigns multiple specialists to participate in the marketing, sale, research, and acquisition of land and income-producing real property.
- Property Acquisitions and Dispositions of residential, retail, office and industrial properties
- Comprehensive sales, research and marketing services
- Contract writing and negotiations
- Tenant representation and leasing
Southwest Solutions provides premier office and commercial space in Detroit. The newly renovated buildings are highly visible and are located on the major and busy arteries of West Vernor Highway and Michigan Avenue. West Vernor has been called “the city’s most viable commercial street” by the Detroit Free Press. The Michigan Avenue corridor is in the midst of an exciting redevelopment and renaissance.
Many of the spaces are newly remodeled with complete office finishes (kitchens, bathrooms, etc.). Rental rates start from $10 per square foot and will be lowered if two-year leases are executed.
The commercial spaces for lease that we currently have available are:
- 3627 West Vernor, 48216 (2600 sf, office/retail)
- 3553 West Vernor, 48216 (600-1,000 sf, office)
- 8748 West Vernor, 48209 (1,200 sf, retail or office)
- 6444 Michigan Ave, 48210 (700 sf, retail or office)
For more information about our available commercial spaces for lease, please contact Mike Grimaldo at 313.461.1872 or email him.
Reasons to lease with us
Southwest Housing Solutions began in 1979 and is a leader in the planning, development and management of affordable housing and commercial property in southwest Detroit.
Our commercial properties are strategically located to promote development and capitalize on pedestrian and vehicle traffic patterns
We have an established track record of satisfied clients and success stories
We offer numerous amenities and exemplary service, and pride ourselves in being responsive to your needs and questions
We use top quality materials and state-of-the-art energy-efficient construction techniques and technologies in our buildings
We understand the vital importance of entrepreneurial activity in the community and are committed to sustaining and stimulating it